Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Visitors

Yesterday I made a point of not mussing up my front yard, because I like the pristine "blanket of snow" look. But this morning, I woke up and someone--or something--had brazenly stomped all through it. In fact, it looks like two creatures.


Upon closer inspection, there are a couple of clear prints.


The guy who was here today to look at my heater is a hunter (but he's a really nice guy) and he confirmed they are definitely deer prints. This makes sense, because one night last summer I opened the front door and a deer ran away from right near my porch. They love whatever it is I have growing on my walkway.


I just went outside to look for the little marker that says what kind of plant it is, but it's covered in snow and a brief dig revealed nothing so it will have to remain a mystery for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment