Friday, January 23, 2009

Shonda Rhimes, you're killin' me

Both Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice were tear jerkers this week. I especially liked Grey's. Good storylines all around. Can you believe what happened to McSteamy? Yikes. I thought Ellen Pompeo's acting was superb with the compassion-for-the-convict plot. But Bailey. When Dr. Miranda Bailey breaks down, you know it's serious. The one moment that sealed it for me was when she was on the verge, but holding it back. Then the Chief put his hand on her shoulder, and she lost it. Isn't that always how it goes.

I do have to say, though, that I could have done without the double dose of assisted suicide plot lines. Or she could have at least spread the episodes apart so they weren't on the same night.

Short post for today. Not much to write but tomorrow I'm going to see Rent at the Durham Performing Arts Center, so I will let you know how that goes. I'm a little concerned that my parents might not like it--I haven't seen the movie myself, but I hear it has to do with gays and AIDS, not exactly their ideal comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment