Thursday, January 29, 2009

Imagine if your hometown was Titty Ho

When I look at properties--either to actually buy, or just for fun--I pay much more attention to the street names than, I would assume, most people do. I grew up on Row Ct. It was so simple--easy to spell, quick to write. Then I lived on a street with a French name. Oy. With my current street name, I always have to spell the first word. But at least everyone (...most everyone) has heard of Raleigh.

Today I read an article in the NY Times about unfortunately-named streets and towns. Such as:


The examples are quite amusing. I am particularly curious about the ones they said were too naughty to print. I hate to think I would have to pass on an amazing house just because the street name was horribly embarrassing. But as for the town names...that affects a lot more people. I just think I wouldn't move there to begin with!

You can read the article for yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment