Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2, not a failure yet

Today I'm supposed to write about TV, music, or movies. I chose Friday for that theme because Thursday night is Grey's Anatomy. Except that it wasn't on last night. But new episodes resume next week, and they're also moving Private Practice to that night. Yay!

I'm also highly anticipating the return of Lost. It's been forever so I don't even remember where we left off but I downloaded a recap episode from iTunes so that should help. I haven't watched any video on my iPod lately since I haven't done any traveling. I've yet to catch the "watch shows online" bug. Perhaps if my computer were connected to my TV I would be more inclined. I may have to try that. I think my LCD set has an input for computers.

In regards to cinema, I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last weekend. I enjoyed it. I think it is one of those films that will grow on you the more you watch it, kind of like Meet Joe Black. I didn't leave the theater thinking, Wow, that's the best movie ever! But it did have an epic quality that I'm fond of, along with good writing and performances. I thought the setup of having the story be told as a memory from the woman's deathbed while Katrina raged outside was kind of odd. I didn't see any symbolic reason to set it during Katrina, but perhaps I'm dense. I never was very good at catching on to symbolism.

I am dying to see Marley & Me, but it is not appealing to my friends because they know it has a sad ending. I know I'll be bawling, but I still want to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment