Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have not heard about the puppy...

...and it is driving me mad! The latest news is that there is only one left, a female,


and it was promised to someone already--IF she can convince her husband to get another dog. The woman who is fostering the puppy said she would give them until today to decide. I hope I get a call soon.

It's almost quittin' time, after which I will suit up for the gym, and then we have our new monthly department meeting off-site. We are going to Napper Tandy's, an Irish pub in downtown Raleigh. My manager promises it will not be too loud to talk, seeing as that is the whole point of the meeting. But hey, free dinner, I'm in.

I went to Meredith College today for lunch with my coworker Ashley, who graduated from there in 2007. It is a girls only liberal arts school only about 5 minutes from my office. We ate at the student cafeteria. It's only $6.45 for "guests," (non-students and non-staff) and of course it's all you can eat. I had a little pasta with chicken, some corn, a salad from the salad bar, and Diet Coke. Oh, and a cookie for dessert. I would totally go back and try the deli and the soup, with maybe some soft serve for dessert. They also had chili and cornbread, ribs, mashed potatoes, fried shrimp, and grilled cheese. It's a good deal.

Here's a pic of the campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment