Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl commercials

Didn't get to catch the Superbowl on Sunday...but I'm not much of a football fan anyway. Like many people, I usually watch just for the commercials. Luckily we now have Google Video, which organized them all together on one neat little page. Very handy. My favorites were the baby clydesdale pulling the carriage, the "little monster" Hummer ad, and the Fed Ex caveman bit.

Runners up would be the Sierra Mist airport security spoof (Kathy Griffin is too funny!), and the Budweiser sheep streaker.

And I must give an honorable mention to the promos for Desperate Housewives. Although I did not recognize most of the guys who were gushing over the show, I'm guessing they were all big-name athletes. Pretty funny.

But what takes the cake, really, above all else: the promo for Lost. "You're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to Lost." You betcha! The editing is spot-on clever. Too good.

And just because I missed the game, didn't mean I had to miss out on the food-fest that is Superbowl Sunday snacking. My dad made a plethora of treats, from a giant sub sandwich, loaded with everything, to creamy spinach-artichoke dip and seven-layer dip. There were also taquitos and chicken wings and Chex mix. I brought brownies. Can you say, "pig out?"

No comments:

Post a Comment