Monday, August 06, 2007

Quick note

I want to write about my 2nd trip to St. Louis, as well as my trip to South Carolina to visit an old friend, but I don't have it in me right now to recount it all. I'm in Wise, VA this evening, about to climb into a bed that is not my own for the fourth time in five days. I like travel but am feeling more than a little burned out at the moment. Thankfully after tonight I will have seven blissful nights at home. Poor Comet. He is very vocal when I'm there now. Probably yelling at me, asking, "So when ya gonna leave me again?!"

It is ridiculously hot right now. In the span of a couple hours, a heat advisory, an air stagnation advisory(?), and a thunderstorm warning popped into my inbox. Nuts. For the next couple of days it's going to be like 101 degrees with a heat index of 110 due to humidity. I am just so thankful for air conditioning. How on earth did people manage before it was invented, especially wearing all those layers??

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment