Sunday, December 31, 2006

End-of-the-Year Meme

If you've been a blogger for all of '06, this is a fun meme to recap the year with. As seen on Teri's blog, the rule says to use the first sentence of the first post from each month. However, after assembling that list of boring lines, I could not bring myself to subject you to them yet again. (I apologize way too often for not posting enough!) So instead, I will pick my favorite line from each month's first post. Links will take you to the full post.

January
Oh the drama that can arise over the spectre of self-improvement--the struggle, the cautious optimism, the fear of failure, the fear of success, the fear of the unknown world which awaits, if only.

February
I think we are witnessing the tragic and yet perversely hilarious gradual decline of yours truly's mental capacity.

March
The Odyssey is almost six months old and except for one major sticking point (someone hire me!) I'm pretty much settled into my new state.
(By the way, I got hired two days later!!)

April*
I'd say the peak of the storm lasted no more than 10 minutes, but what a thrilling 10 minutes it was.
*Chosen from the 2nd post of the month; the first post was "100 Things."

May
I think I might actually be getting too much sleep.

June
When it comes to electronics I usually spring for all the bells and whistles, because, well, they're my sprinkles.

July
I would say that the highlight of my trip was Helen, GA.

August
I just drove four and a half hours to Alleghany County, Virginia, so his [James Lileks'] observations are ringing especially true for me.

September
We've entered the -Ber months, which means that Christmas is right around the corner and then 2007 and before you know it it'll be 2008 and the state quarters program will be over and there will be no reason to pay with cash ever again!

October
My parents and I made the five-hour trek not to gaze upon the seat of our nation's government, but rather to gaze upon a 2005 Honda Accord coupe.

November
This weekend is all about cleaning up and cleaning out (even though it's not spring), but hopefully by Sunday I'll have a chance to put a few words and pics together and share them with y'all.

December
It was somewhat surreal to be walking up and down the aisles, because TJ's is so closely associated with California in my mind, that I had to keep reminding myself I was in Cary.

No comments:

Post a Comment