Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

I wish I could put little musical notes in the title of this post, because it is supposed to be sung! I'm 32 today. I celebrated with my parents on Saturday by going to Longhorn Steakhouse. I had the salmon, which is always well prepared, and the Chocolate Stampede for dessert.


From the menu:
Two peaks of chocolate cake packed with six types of chocolate including chocolate mousse, fudge icing and chocolate shavings! Served with vanilla bean ice cream, fudge sauce and whipped cream.

It was divine! The texture of the cake layer was a little gooey and brownie-like, and the 2 kinds of chocolate mousse were rich and dense. The whole combination was super yummy. If you order it, which I highly recommend for birthday extravagance, keep in mind there is enough for 4 people!

Sunday, my indulgence was Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner. Extreme comfort food, I'm telling you. Today, my last day of diet debauchery, I was going to have KFC's chicken and mashed potato bowl for lunch, but a coworker offered to take me out so we're going to a little Mediterranean place across from Meredith College. Maybe I'll save the KFC for dinner! Then tomorrow, it's back to reality. I can't wait to get my bloodwork results back from my doctor. I was SUCH a good girl for five whole weeks--I hope my triglycerides went down dramatically, or I'll be very discouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday, Melissa! Sounds like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete