Sunday, May 20, 2007

My accent

I was challenged to take this quiz by an "anonymous" commenter, so I obliged. While you're taking it, you feel kind of silly, because the answers are so very obvious. (Does "father" rhyme with "bother"? Duh!) So it's funny that people from different parts of the country would have completely different answers. In the end, it pegged me correctly.

What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Western. Like Midland, Western is another accent that people consider neutral. So, you might not actually be from the Western half of the country, but you definitely sound like it.

Take this quiz now - it's easy!
We're going to start with "cot" and "caught." When you say those words do they sound the same or different?



2 comments:

  1. So, um I'm midland. What were the "right" answers???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant by "right" answers was that you automatically know which one is right for you. Funny, I never noticed that you had any accent different from mine.

    ReplyDelete