Sunday, May 20, 2007

Crazy flight

I wanted to add a countdown widget in my sidebar so I could keep track of how far away my next trip is. Only problem was, we haven't picked an exact departure date yet. So I thought I'd check on flight prices for 07 just to get an idea. A Saturday departure with a Sunday return would be ideal, with two weeks in between. I plugged that in to Orbitz, and was I ever shocked to see the result:


A) It's nonstop! When did that happen? Score!
B) It's cheeeeeeeeeeap! (Considering the usual cost is around $1k) Holy crud!
C) Check out the taxes, man. Almost as much as the flight itself. But still much cheaper than normal.

I wonder if this is one of those fluke mistakes you hear about--you know, where for 12 minutes the airline was offering free tickets to Hawaii due to a computer glitch. I certainly hope this kind of deal comes around next year! But something tells me this is a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Oh the temptation!

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY!!! Let's hope for that next summer.... WOW!!! It is tempting indeed. If I did not already have summer plans I would say "book it!"

    ReplyDelete