Monday, April 17, 2006

A Trader ventures southeast

I've mentioned before how one of the things I miss the most from CA is Trader Joe's. It is an awesome kinda-gourmet-but-cheap-and-not-snobby grocery store. The closest one is in D.C. After I first moved here, I wrote a letter to TJ's corporate headquarters outlining all the reasons why they should consider opening a store in the Tar Heel State. I didn't send it, though, because I didn't have my printer yet (it was still on its way, packed in the POD) and I just never got around to launching my grassroots letter-writing campaign.

So I was delightfully shocked to hear that Trader Joe's is already scouting locations for a store here in the Triangle. The rumor is that they will lease the old Winn-Dixie spot at the intersection of Kildaire Farm Rd. and Cary Parkway. If they shake a leg, it'll open in the fall. Sweet! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! That is like the coolest thing. All they need now is an In-N-Out Burger and North Carolina is all set. I am jumping for joy for ya right now. Gnocci (sp?) here you come.

    ReplyDelete