Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Around the world

I'm always on the lookout for good blogs to read, especially since I spend about 7 hours a day surfing the web. (I'm told the slow times won't last long; soon I'll be traveling for trainings, and then it'll be fall, which, since our clients are mainly schools, is the busiest time for Customer Support.) My latest discovery is not a blog, though. It's a new weekly newspaper column. But since you can read it online, it's updated regularly, and it's about someone's life, it's pretty much like a blog. (Just imagine your blog being published in the New York Times...holy cow!)

Anyway, this guy is going to travel around the world in 90 days. Dreamy, right? The catch is that he's on a budget. No more than $100/night for lodging, and $40/day for meals (hello, Rachael Ray!). This seems incredibly doable, since that's basically how I always travel. But this guy is going to some pretty far-out places: Pakistan, Croatia, and Galicia to name a few. Of course, his itinerary may change since he doesn't want to be tied down by pesky planning. He has not enumerated any specific budget limitations for transportation, but since he plans to use low-cost air carriers, buses, trains, and ferries, it will probably be pretty cheap. Anyway, his column will appear every Wednesday, chronicling his journey, and I have high hopes that it will be entertaining reading.

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I want to go on a trip like that. Let's do it! Okay? I look forward reading about his travels. We can live through him. Thanks for sharing Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen that show "5 Takes" where 5 people are traveling the Pacific Rim - all 20-something and each one has a certain area of interest, like nightlife, food, culture, etc. and they are on a budget of $50 per day? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't. What channel is it on? Sounds interesting although I have to admit that the Pacific Rim doesn't interest me much...except maybe Japan.

    ReplyDelete