Saturday, June 14, 2008

London and the countryside

Cheers from England! We are having a fantastic time taking in all the sights in London and the surrounding countryside. We've seen so much, and I'd love to go into every little detail, but it is late and we have an early start tomorrow. This is the first chance I've had to hop on the internet because we've been so busy. It stays light until 10pm so we have been getting back to the room late, then going over our plans for the next day, and by then we are just exhausted. We have been walking so much my feet are ready to fall off! I tried to plan a reasonable itinerary but once you're here, you just want to run around and fit everything in. So here is a small sampling of what we've seen and done so far, with a few comments thrown in. There will of course be MUCH more once I return to the States. I have a few days in Santa Clarita where I'll be able to relax and journal about everything that happened.

First Night


We saw the Sound of Music at the theater


View from the London Eye


Changing of the Guard - band marching in


At St. James Park


Classic pose


Beefeater tour at Tower of London


Tower Bridge


At the Horse Guard


Beautiful gardens in the Cotswolds

A few more pictures here.

1 comment: