Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I need a meme

Search that phrase in Google and this is what you get. So.

1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Love Actually.

2. Name a movie you saw multiple times in the theater.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
I'll see just about anything Julia Roberts or Drew Barrymore is in.

4. Name an actor who would make you less inclined to see a movie.
Bernie Mac

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Titanic. "What to do?"

6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Lion King

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
Evita, Chicago, Lion King, Mary Poppins

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
The World's Fastest Indian. It is a surprising little gem.

9. Name a movie you own. (I will add: ...that no one would expect--MM)
Team America: World Police

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
The only person that comes to mind is Will Smith, because that was the answer of the blogger I got this meme from.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
I vaguely remember going as a child, but don't remember exactly what we saw.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
No. That would be a waste of money.

13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Citizen Kane. It's at the top of all those lists, and I really should see it.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
No...but I've turned off some I've rented. Like Reservoir Dogs and Epic Movie. Wanted to walk out of Mary Reilly (which contradicts #3 above, but...)

15. Name a movie that made you cry.
Mr. Holland's Opus

16. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
I can't remember! Maybe The Queen?

17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Romantic comedy

18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Back to the Future is my first vivid theater memory. It was very full.

19. What movie do you wish you’d never seen?
12 Monkeys. Just awful.

20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Transamerica.

21. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
I remember being disturbed by the ending of Blair Witch. The kid in the corner? Yikes.

22. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
The time I laughed the hardest was definitely at South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. I was breathless and crying for the first 30 minutes.

23. What was the first R-rated film you saw? Or perhaps the one you knew your parents didn't want you to see...but you did anyway?
I watched Footloose at my friend Leigh's house. (Funny sidenote: I just checked IMDB to make sure my memory wasn't failing me, and yes, Footloose was originally rated R, but has since been downgraded to a PG!! Ah, modern mores.)

24. My bonus question: What movie did you expect to hate but actually enjoyed?
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Totally not my typical kind of movie. I got dragged to it and ended up laughing my butt off the whole time!

25. And just to make it an even 25, bonus question 2: What movie would you like to see remade?
Wizard of Oz. Julia as Dorothy, Mike Meyers as Scarecrow, John Cusack as Tin Man, Will Farrell as the Lion, Jim Carrey as the Wizard, Reese Witherspoon as Glenda the Good Witch, and Michelle Pfeiffer as the Wicked Witch (I'd say Meryl Streep or Emma Thompson but they've both already done witchy types). How funny would it be if Robin Williams was Uncle Henry and Nathan Lane was Aunty Em?!

No comments:

Post a Comment