Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's official!

Considering how much traffic arrives at my site by searching for info on Trader Joe's, I feel obligated to post that there has finally been a confirmation that TJ's is, in fact, coming to Cary! (Thanks for the info, Mom!) And, as the original rumor indicated, it will be located in the old Winn Dixie store on Kildaire Farm Road (to be shared with a new Staples). No word on a projected opening date yet though.

This is such fantastic news! How much of a curmudgeon am I that my first thought is about how crowded it will be for the first few months?I do hope they make the Staples small, to leave more room for the TJ's side. It will surely be a popular destination! Poor Fresh Market down the street will either have to lower their prices or face shutting down. At least that's my bet.

For those of you wondering what all the fuss is about, just go, and you will see. Great, unique food at unbeatable prices. It's just a cool place. Mark my word, it will be so wildly popular, there will be at least two more Triangle locations within a year, 18 months tops.

1 comment:

  1. I love Trader Joe's too! We're moving closer to one...yippee!

    ReplyDelete