Friday, March 16, 2007

I wonder how often this happens...

At work, I have to dial 9 to get an outside line. And then I have to dial 1 before area codes. (Earth shattering, I know.) So what happens if there's a disconnect between what my brain tells my finger to do, and what it does--say, for instance, instead of dialing a 6, the finger goes haywire and dials another 1? Um, that's right, it connects you to 911 emergency response! (Who knew you didn't have to actually dial 9-911?!) And if you're me, you say, "Oh my god, hang up, hang up!" as if somehow commanding your hand to hit the receiver will make it move faster. And then, you turn to your coworkers and say, "I almost just dialed 911!" as the phone rings and it's 911 calling back to make sure there isn't an emergency. Yep, I'm that lame.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. Is that bad? I wonder as well how often that happens. I have never really thought about it before. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete