Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Photos

Here are some pictures from Sunday and Monday:

Acton campground – where we stayed the first night, as seen the following morning


I 40 sign – this highway spans eight states, beginning in CA and ending in NC. We will follow it almost the entire way.


Afternoon shadows - The afternoon sun makes the mountains glow and highlights the craggy texture.


Avi campground – where we stayed the second night, me in the hotel and my parents in the trailer


Climbing – we climbed to over 6,000 feet in elevation, which makes for cool weather but terrible gas mileage


Fueling – filling up the tanks; or, saying goodbye to an arm and a leg


What I have christened "Flip You Off Mountain" – funny rock formation looks like a hand flipping the middle finger


Flagstaff campground – where the parents stayed the third night


Puppies in the car – the dogs all harnessed up in the back seat of my mom’s car, looking cute as ever

No comments:

Post a Comment